Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Beer Bread (finally!)

 This beer has been waiting to become bread for a while. I got the recipe from my friend Jenny (visit her at Snackreligious) and it's been staring at me from my inbox every time I check my email. Today was the day! This beer cried out to be made into bread, the sweet maple scent so tantalizing while baking.

I added extra flavor into the mix and it turned out well. I think I'd just add more cheese next time. There can never be too much cheese!! If you make this bread using just the basic recipe, it is technically vegan, so, Yay and Yum.

The ingredients pictured below are per the recipe, with my additions.
Beer Bread
Preheat oven to 375 F
Grease a bread pan with olive oil, nonstick spray, or butter.
3 c flour
3 T sugar
1 T Baking Powder
1 tsp. salt
1 c cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 T chives


Whisk these dry ingredients together
Add 1 beer and stir. Mixture will be sticky.



Put mixture in prepared pan. Bake 55 minutes.


 Remove from oven, rub a little butter over the top, and return it to the oven for 2-3 minutes.

 Eat!


 I, in fact, followed her instructions so well, that I ate half of a mini-loaf before I remembered to take a picture. It was lunch! The 'bacon' flavor of the beer was not noticeable in the bread (but I didn't think it was that present in the liquid either, mostly I tasted/smelled maple), I think next time I will add more cheese and Real bacon. No stinking 'bacon flavor' fail please.

By the way, do you think there is a bacon shortage? Are you afraid and stockpiling? How much healthier will our country become if we no longer have bacon imported?

P.S. Now that this post is written I'm going to eat another loaf! Dinner time. ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment