Pages

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Clay Street Cheesesteaks

I'm never in the mood for a cheesesteak at lunch, because to get up to Broadway and back on my lunch hour and have time to eat would exhaust my hour and I'd have to stay late.  So, when I saw Clay Street Cheesesteaks open on Clay between Montgomery and Kearny, I knew I had to give them a try.
The cheesesteak is actually pretty good.  The artisanal bun is excellent, and the meat and cheese combined is everything you'd look for in a cheesesteak.

In 21st century fashion, you have a lot of choices; they don't just whip out the classic for you. Additionally, your cheesesteak can be chicken if you want.
However, it was just odd that onions come with but peppers have to be ordered as an addition.  What would they say in Philadelphia?

They don't sell chips, which is bizarre.  They do have fries, but those are mostly $4.50 with choice of toppings.  You can get a cheesesteak, fries and drink combo, but I didn't ask if that mean unsmothered fries.

So, it was a nice meal and good for a cheesesteak fix, but I must admit their concept of a cheesesteak joint completely throws me.




No comments:

Post a Comment